If you want to start a YouTube channel, there’s a good chance you’re overwhelmed with where to even begin. Of course, you want a camera that can produce high-quality videos, but with so much variety on the market, it can feel impossible to decide, especially when the price tag is high.
This is where product protection can help. When you subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited, you can get coverage for all your video camera needs and accessories under the same product protection plan. This means that if you buy the camera that doesn't quite fit your needs, you can replace it without having to worry about paying.
What are the best DSLR cameras for YouTube vlogging?
Any video camera for YouTube needs to provide exceptional image quality and versatility, which is why so many YouTubers love DSLR cameras.
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i. The Canon EOS Rebel T7i boasts a whopping 24.2-megapixel sensor and vari-angle touchscreen display, which makes it easier than ever to record at different angles. You can get it for $654.48 on Amazon.
- Nikon D5600. The Nikon D5600 is another great option for YouTubers. Not only does it also have a 24.2-megapixel sensor and vari-angle touchscreen display, but it also comes with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, making it easy to transfer files to your smartphone or tablet. They start at $699.95.
- Sony Alpha A6400. The Sony Alpha A6400 is a mirrorless camera with a flip-up touchscreen display and advanced autofocus capabilities, making it easy to focus on yourself while recording videos. This is the most expensive camera out of the bunch, coming in at $998.
What is the best camera for kids to use for YouTube videos?
Everyone should encourage their children to be creative and follow their dreams, but that doesn’t mean you need to break the bank. Here are some cheap YouTube camera options that are durable and easy to use for kids that want to get into YouTube content creation.
- GoPro HERO7 Black. The GoPro HERO7 Black is durable, waterproof, and simple to use. With built-in image stabilization, it’s easy to record smooth videos even when on the move. While it might not be “cheap” at $349.99, it is in comparison with other professional cameras.
- VTech Kidizoom Action Cam 180. This is a budget-friendly camera that costs just under $50 and is specifically designed for younger children. With a 180-degree rotating camera lens, your child can take selfies and record videos at all kinds of different angles.
What is the most cost-effective camera for YouTube?
If you’re looking for the best camera for YouTube on a budget, you still have plenty of options.
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V. This bridge camera is ideal for beginners, boasts a 20.4-megapixel sensor, and a 50x optical zoom lens, so you can capture high-quality images and videos, even from a distance. The built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity makes file transfers simple. It is an older model, so you might need to find options to buy it on eBay.
- Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam. Webcams are much more high-quality than they used to be, and many people use them for their YouTube channels. This one has built-in stereo microphones and even a privacy shutter, so it’s perfect for anyone who wants to record from their desktop or laptop. It's also affordable, coming in at $69.89.
Additionally, you don’t necessarily need a video camera for YouTube. If you have a newer iPhone, Android, or any of those newer devices with impressive camera specs, all you need is a YouTube camera kit to get started. This is a great way to test the waters and feel out if YouTube is something you want to dedicate your time to.
Sometimes having too many options can make us stagnant, so instead of wondering which camera is best for making YouTube videos, use the guidance above to decide, take action, and get your channel rolling! Just make sure you subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited before you make any purchases so you can get coverage for all your products under the same product protection plan.