Whether you consider yourself a DIY professional or you just like Home Depot for its range of appliances and products, shopping at this retailer takes some effort. Not only do you need to take time to research the products you need, but you also have to try and stick to a budget, especially if you have a larger project on your hands.
If you're prompted at checkout to invest in a Home Depot extended warranty, you might be overwhelmed by the thought of taking on another expense. However, product protection can save you a lot of time and money in the long run. To help you decide what’s right for you, we’re getting into the basics of Home Depot protection plans, and some of the fine print you’ll want to look out for.
And for a more comprehensive form of product protection that goes beyond what's offered by Home Depot, subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited. For just $9.99 a month, you'll get unlimited claims and coverage for all your Home Depot online purchases and more, under the same product protection plan.
Benefits of protection plans
Whether you’re in the market for a new refrigerator or your water heater finally broke for the last time, a Home Depot appliance warranty can save you the headache of repair and replacement costs in the future. A product protection plan can help you:
- Protect against financial liability and save money in the long run.
- Rest assured knowing that your investments are protected.
- Get optional coverage for accidental damage, theft, and loss.
- Know repair and/or replacement costs are guaranteed.
Keep in mind that the most basic Home Depot warranty you’ll have access to is the original manufacturer’s warranty. This kind of coverage will typically cover you for the first year unless otherwise noted.
What does the Home Depot extended warranty cover?
When you sign up for a Home Depot Allstate protection plan, you can expect the following:
- Up to five years of extended coverage.
- If you decide to sell or gift your appliance to someone, you can transfer the warranty to the new owner.
- Coverage will begin from the date of purchase and fill in any gaps in the manufacturer’s warranty coverage.
Although there are some great benefits, there are some considerations to take into account too:
- The most obvious drawback of the Home Depot extended warranty is that it won’t cover you for accidental damage.
- No guarantee that you’ll use the warranty.
- Must sign up for the plan within 90 days of purchasing your product.
- Some online customers complain about the claims process.
Coverage without compromise
Although it offers some good perks, Home Depot warranties aren’t for everyone. In today’s market, you should never be pressed for options, especially when it comes to investing your money. With Mulberry Unlimited, you can get real-time product protection offers on your favorite products.
When it comes to your home, you don’t want to take any chances, and subscribing to Mulberry Unlimited can lift a huge weight off your shoulders. Knowing that your most important appliances and electronics are covered leaves so much more energy for focusing on the day-to-day tasks that matter. Whether that’s building a business, making time for family, or just having more time to yourself.