If you’re a student or educator, you know what an essential role technology plays in the classroom, whether you’re working remotely or in person. From interactive whiteboards to tablets and laptops, technology is imperative to support modern teaching methods. With that in mind, protecting your technology is essential to your success as a student or academic professional. If you use Apple products, you’ll be thrilled to know that there’s a special AppleCare+ for education protection program designed specifically for the needs of teachers or students.
And if you feel as though AppleCare+ doesn't go far enough in providing the most comprehensive protection, subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited. For just $9.99 a month, you can get coverage for all your Apple products and accessories under the same protection plan, giving you the ultimate peace of mind in case of drops, cracks, spills, and more.
Benefits of AppleCare+ for Schools
AppleCare+ for Schools was designed with educational institutions in mind. The company hopes to empower teachers, administrators, and students with the resources and tools they need to succeed. Here's what you need to know about coverage:
- Multi-year coverage
- AppleCare+ for Schools for iPad: 2-year, 3-year, and 4-year plans
- AppleCare+ for Schools for Mac: 3-year and 4-year plans
- Two accidental damage incidents per year
- No unit purchase threshold
- Available to purchase through the Apple Store for Education Institutions
- 24/7 priority access to Apple support
- Onsite service for desktops, mail-in for notebooks, or in-store service for all products
- Express replacement service for iPads
AppleCare education pricing
The cost of AppleCare+ for Schools will depend on the number of devices covered along with the type of product. You can get more detailed pricing by signing in to the Apple Store for Educational Institutions website.
While the coverage plan for schools isn’t available to just anyone, as an educator or student, you’re still eligible for an AppleCare education discount, which can save you up to 20%. To redeem this discount, you must be a college student, K-12 teacher, or staff member at an eligible education institution.
Why you should always consider alternative product protection
While AppleCare+ for Schools provides comprehensive coverage, it’s always worth considering additional product protection, especially if you’re an individual responsible for your own devices. It’s even more important if you work and/or study in high-risk environments like a lab, or in public places like a busy coffee shop.
Here are a few scenarios where additional protection could come in handy:
- Your laptop gets stolen from your backpack when you step away to use the bathroom in the library.
- You accidentally spill coffee or other liquid on your iPad during an intense study session.
- You’re rushing to class when your phone launches out of your pocket and onto the pavement, leaving you with a cracked screen.
Knowledge is power, and so is protection
At the end of the day, you always want to minimize risk when possible, and it makes sense to protect the expensive devices that you rely on for studying and/or teaching. One of the easiest ways to ensure your Apple devices are protected is to invest in a product protection plan.
When you have additional protection, you have daily peace of mind knowing that you won’t be without your technology for any more time than it takes to perform a repair, and your wallet won’t have to take a hit either. Subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited for comprehensive product protection for all your Apple products, for just $9.99 a month.