From smartphones to smart homes, we all depend on our connectivity devices in one way or another. In such a fast-paced world, it’s hard to go more than a few days without technology, which is why it’s so important to protect your valuable device.
If you use Google products, you might be considering Google Preferred Care. However, before you jump in, it's important to fully understand the benefits and what other options you have. For example, if you want product protection that covers more than just your electronics, it might be worth looking into Mulberry Unlimited. With a Mulberry Unlimited subscription, you can get coverage for all your online purchases under the same product protection plan, making it a more complete plan than Google Preferred Care.
That said, there are other options out there. Let's take a look at the ins and outs of Google Preferred Care, and alternative plans that are available.
Understanding Google Preferred Care
Google Preferred Care is like other extended warranty programs, but it’s designed specifically for Google products, such as Nest and Pixel devices.
- Comprehensive coverage. You’ll get an extended warranty that covers mechanical breakdowns and accidental damage.
- Expedited device replacement. If your device cannot be repaired, Google Preferred Care will provide you with an expedited replacement.
- 24/7 tech support. Any time you have a question about software updates, device features, functions, or other troubleshooting concerns, Google experts will be available to help you.
- Hassle-free repairs. If you need repairs, you can visit a service center or ship your device at you convenience. With trusted repair experts, you can rest assured that your device is in good hands.
- Transferable coverage. If you decide to gift or sell your Google device, you can transfer your coverage to the new owner for whatever amount of time is left on your plan.
Filing a Google Preferred Care claim
Filing a claim is straightforward and simple with Google, just take the following steps:
- Sign into your Google account on the Google Preferred Care website.
- Locate the support section and choose the device that you want to file a claim for.
- Follow the prompts and provide any necessary details to confirm coverage.
- Follow the instructions provided—you might need further support from the customer service team or be required to mail in your device for necessary repairs.
Is Google Preferred Care worth it?
As you try to decide which extended warranty plan is right for you, consider the following about Google Preferred Care:
- Device usage. If you depend on Google devices for important daily tasks, added protection is essential.
- Peace of mind. Anyone who is considering product protection knows how important it is to have peace of mind so you can feel free using your devices. However, keep in mind that this extended warranty from Google does not cover loss or theft.
- Cost. The price of your plan will depend on your device, for example, for a Pixel 7a or Pixel Tablet, it costs $5 a month, or a single payment of $199 for 2 years of coverage.
Alternatives to Google Preferred Care
Of course, you can’t go wrong with support from the manufacturer of your device, access to support from Google experts is invaluable. However, if your device is lost or stolen, you won’t be able to replace it, which leaves you on the hook to buy a new one, in addition to everything you already paid for your extended warranty.
If you want access to the best value protection on the market that provides coverage for all of life’s unexpected events, subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited. You’ll have no limitations and have the ability to take control of product protection for all your items.