We’ve all been there. Someone walks too close to the couch with a pen, the dog has an accident on the rug, or you get your new bag caught on the display rack and the seam rips. Product warranties are there to protect you when you need them - but when you do need to file a claim, what happens next? In this article we'll walk you through the simple steps of filing a claim with Mulberry.
With other warranty providers, it can mean a lot of legwork before you're even ready to file the claim: digging out receipts and owner's manuals from when you bought the product (if you even still have them), looking up product numbers and phone numbers, calling customer service and waiting on hold until you can talk to someone, printing out forms to fill out and send in, and then waiting longer to get your claim result in the mail. Meanwhile, you have no idea what the status of your claim is while you wait patiently for the claim resolution. That’s a lot of time, hassle and usually frustration.
When you subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited, not only will you get coverage for all your online purchases, but you'll also be able to file unlimited claims without any deductibles or hidden fees. It's the ultimate peace of mind for you and your wallet.
What makes Mulberry warranty claims different
We think other warranty companies make things too complicated, providing you with overpriced protection and underwhelming coverage —so we’ve made our claims process as simple as possible. You can read more about the Mulberry difference in this article.
Benefits with the Mulberry claims process:
- You can file a claim 24/7 from your personalized dashboard —so file anytime it works for you.
- You never have to pay a deductible and there are no hidden fees.
- You don’t need to fax or mail in documents—everything you need is stored online in your Mulberry Unlimited dashboard.
- You don’t have to call a representative to file your claim—everything is done online, so no more waiting on hold.
A personalized dashboard is created when you subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited, and you can view all of your protection plans and the coverage details at any time.
If you break your product on a Friday afternoon, we don’t think you should have to wait until Monday during your work hours to do something about it. That’s why we have a 24/7 chat available so you can submit a claim anytime you want. We also have team members available seven days a week to review your claim and answer your questions.
How to file an extended warranty claim
It only takes 3 steps to file a claim with Mulberry.
Step 1: Be prepared with the details of the incident
- Don’t worry — You don’t need to find old papers or look for the owner’s manual! You'll just need proof of the incident to make your claim filing as fast and easy as possible.
- Date of the incident — You’ll be asked to provide the date the incident occurred. It’s best to file a claim as soon as possible after something happens so you have the right information, but you have 30 days from the date of the incident to file your claim.
- Photos — When you file your claim, you’ll be asked to send pictures to show the damage. Take multiple pictures so you can clearly show what the problem is and where on the product the damage occurred. Snap a close-up picture of the spot where you can see the rip, break, or stain, and grab a full shot where you can see the entire product with the problem spot on it. The more photos the better.
- Details — You’ll need to be able to describe the incident, so make sure you know the details of what happened and how. If your couch was stained, you want to include what the stain is made of, who caused it, and how it occurred.
For more information on how to prepare for your claim, read our guide on how to get your warranty claim approved.
Step 2: Start your warranty claim process by filing online
You'll start by logging into your Mulberry dashboard. There will be an option to file a claim right from your dashboard.
From there, you will be prompted to provide claim incident details through the automatic chat. This is where you’ll be prompted to give that claim accident information from Step 1.
You'll need to provide basic information to confirm which product you’re filing a claim for, the date the incident occurred, details about what happened, and the pictures that you took showing the damage.
After you provide this information, the chat will let you know that you will hear back soon from a representative.
Step 3: Look for an email from the Mulberry team
Once the claim information is received, one of our team members will start processing your claim. If our team has additional questions, they’ll follow up with an email to ask for more information specific to your claim.
Here are a few examples of things we might need:
- A team member might want to clarify which item you’re filing a claim for if you have protection plans on similar products. If you have the same rug in multiple sizes, they will check with you to make sure the claim is being processed for the right item.
- If you’re reporting a mechanical issue on a scooter or e-bike, a picture won’t be able to capture the issue. Our team might ask you to take a quick video showing the motor error to get a better sense of the problem.
When we have all of the information, our team will send your completed claim to adjudication for review (that's the fancy way of saying your claim will be officially reviewed by legal).
We automatically adjudicate and approve as many claims as we can to get you a fast response. If your claim requires additional review, a team member will get back to you within a few days with the results of your claim. You’ll get your response and next steps in an email.
Have questions? Mulberry is here to help
If you have any questions before you file a claim or during the claims process, we’re here to help. You can send a message through chat 24/7 or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to help answer your questions.
And don't forget to subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited for unlimited claims and unlimited coverage for everything you buy online.