Did you know that the lifespan of an average home appliance is 10 to 15 years? As a proud homeowner, you probably take pride in your appliances and want to keep them running efficiently for years to come. The only problem is, if you don’t invest in appliance warranties, you risk huge financial burdens in the future.
Mulberry Unlimited can help you cover all your appliances under the same product protection plan. When you subscribe, you get unlimited coverage and unlimited claims, all for just $9.99 a month. It's an easy, affordable way to get protection for all your appliances and more.
What is an appliance extended warranty?
Traditional manufacturer warranties only provide one year of coverage and limit what can be repaired and replaced, like what you would get with a GE appliance warranty. With an extended appliance warranty, you have complete control of what you’re covered for, among many other benefits. Let's take a look at some of the benefits of purchasing an extended appliance warranty:
- Reduce unwanted stress. Being a homeowner comes with a lot of responsibility, and repairing your appliances is one of them. With an extended warranty, you can rest assured that your appliance will last, regardless of whether or not you can afford to repair and/or replace them.
- Savings. At face value, extended warranties might seem like an added expense, but they’ll save you hundreds, or even thousands of dollars in the long run.
- Convenience. Whenever you have a problem with one of your appliances, all you need to do is file a claim to get the problem resolved. You aren’t expected to worry about any logistics.
- Coverage options. Depending on your needs and budget, you can customize your coverage so you’re only paying for exactly what you need.
- Transferability. A lot of warranty policies are transferable, which means you can sell your appliances or transfer ownership when you sell your house.
Risks of not buying extended coverage
- Expensive repairs. When you depend on a manufacturer’s warranty, you put yourself at risk of extremely expensive repairs and replacements. No matter what the issue is, you’ll have to either hire someone to fix it or buy an entirely new machine.
- Limited manufacturer warranty. While it’s great that appliances typically come with a warranty, it only covers you for a limited time. Additionally, you’re only covered for problems that can be traced to defects and malfunctions in materials and workmanship.
- Short lifespan. As mentioned above, home appliances can last from 10 to 15 years, sometimes even longer if you’re lucky. However, if you don’t have extended coverage, you’re going to be on the hook for expensive repair costs for the entire life of the machine. Instead of wasting money on multiple repairs, a warranty can keep you covered.
As a homeowner, it’s important to protect yourself financially, and warranties are meant to do just that. No matter what type of appliance you’re looking to buy, there’s always going to be product protection out there within your budget.
You can always purchase protection from the store you buy your appliance at, like a Home Depot or Lowes appliance warranty, but if you want to find the best protection for the best price, you can subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited to get comprehensive coverage for all your appliances under the same product protection plan.