Ready to upgrade your home’s furniture, but working with a tight budget? Ashley Furniture is a great place to shop if you’re looking for stylish furniture at a great price point. However, even with Ashley Furniture’s great deals, purchasing furniture is an investment, so it’s important to make sure that your purchases are protected with a product protection plan.
When it comes to our furniture, avoiding occasional chips, stains, and scratches is nearly impossible, so it’s important to make sure you’re prepared with coverage that works for you. Although Ashley Furniture offers a furniture protection plan, there’s a lot to think about when determining whether or not it’s the right option for you. In this article, we’ll take a look at the Ashley Furniture warranty, including what it covers, how it works, and more.
For a protection plan that covers all your online purchases, subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited. You'll get comprehensive coverage for your furniture and more under the same plan, giving you the ultimate peace of mind.
How does the Ashley Furniture warranty work?
Ashley Furniture provides their warranties through GBS Enterprises. To make a claim, you’ll need to call GBS Enterprises (make sure you have your receipt and protection plan document handy). GBS will ask for some needed information about your incident, which you’ll provide, and then they will process your claim.
The Ashley Furniture warranty 5-year protection plan only requires you to pay a one-time fee in order to get coverage for the entire length of time. The fee you’ll pay will depend on the cost of the furniture you’re insuring, and is different for indoor and outdoor furniture. For example, an indoor furniture piece that costs between $0 and $499 will have a fee of $59.99, while a piece of outdoor furniture that costs the same will only have a fee of $49.99.
What does an Ashley Furniture protection plan cover?
If you decide to purchase an Ashley Furniture warranty 5-year protection plan, you’ll have both standard and accidental coverage. But what does that entail, exactly? Let’s take a look at what an Ashley Furniture protection plan covers:
- Stains. Spilled a soda on your new white couch? Stains (both from humans and pets) are covered under the plan.
- Rips and tears. Rips, punctures, and other types of tears are covered.
- Scratches, cracks, chipping, and bubbling. Have an ugly scratch on your coffee table? Repairs are covered under the plan.
- Fading. Tired of sun damage causing discoloration of your fabrics? Sun damage and fading are covered.
As you can see, the Ashley Furniture warranty mainly covers events that occur at once, rather than the gradual accumulation of events. Each of the examples above can be attributed to a single event, rather than gradual wear and tear occurring over time.
What doesn't an Ashley Furniture protection plan cover?
Next, and most importantly, it’s important to know what the Ashley Furniture protection plan doesn’t cover. Let’s take a look:
- Normal wear and tear. Even the highest quality furniture wears out over time. Unfortunately, the Ashley Furniture warranty does not offer coverage for gradual damages. This includes fabric pilling, pillows or cushions that become lumpy or misshapen over time, stains that have built up over time, and more.
- Animal damages. Damages that occur from an animal’s claws or teeth are also excluded from coverage.
- Damages you inflict. Unfortunately, if you use the wrong cleaning product, aren’t careful with your furniture, or intentionally abuse your furniture, your Ashley Furniture warranty won’t be much help to you. The protection plan excludes damages that could have been prevented or were intentional.
As you can see, there are plenty of incidents that would be excluded from the Ashley Furniture protection plan. For example, “neglect and misuse” are umbrella terms that could include many incidents that you might not expect. Additionally, circumstances such as weather and recurring damage present possible caveats that could prevent you from receiving the coverage you need.
Is an Ashley Furniture protection plan worth it?
As you can see, there’s a lot to think about when deciding whether or not to purchase an Ashley Furniture warranty. However, there are some obvious drawbacks. Between lengthy contacts, hidden terms and conditions, and exclusions, it might not be the best option for you. Luckily, there is a better way to get the product protection you need.
With Mulberry Unlimited, you’ll get furniture protection that’s quick and painless, without the hidden fees or messy contracts. Subscribe today to get the most comprehensive and affordable product protection on the market.