If you’re in the market for some new furniture, you’re probably both excited and overwhelmed. Not only does it cost a lot of money to buy new furniture, but there's always the question of whether or not to invest in an extended warranty to protect your new investment.
Considering how unpredictable home life can be, especially if you live with other people, product protection is a great option that can provide you with peace of mind by protecting your assets in the event of accidents and other unforeseen events. And thankfully, it doesn't have to be expensive. A Mulberry Unlimited subscription lets you get coverage for all your furniture items and more under the same product protection plan, for just $9.99 a month.
To help you make the best decision for your individual needs, we’re going to cover the basics of what you need to know about furniture protection plans.
Pros of furniture protection plans
- Peace of mind. The most important thing you get from protection plans is peace of mind. You won’t need to worry about accidental damage or even regular wear and tear because you'll be covered, and won't have to spend on expensive repair or replacement costs.
- Accident coverage. Whether you have pets, kids, or just enjoy entertaining, accident protection is invaluable when it comes to furniture.
- Save money. Since you won’t be on the hook for repair and/or replacement costs, you’ll save hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in the long run.
Cons of furniture protection plans
- Cost. One of the main reasons people are hesitant to purchase additional protection on their furniture is because of the extra costs. However, you have to keep in mind that paying a little bit upfront initially means you won’t be on the hook to pay more later.
- Limited coverage. Depending on the plan you sign up for, you might have certain coverage limitations. Always make sure you take time to read the fine print so you know exactly what is included in your plan.
Common furniture protection plans
There’s no shortage of furniture protection plans to choose from, but two of the most common are the Ashley Furniture protection plan and the Allstate Furniture protection plan. No matter which company you sign up with, keep the following in mind:
- Coverage. You should always look for accidental damage coverage and protection for wear and tear. Some plans will include additional coverage items like pet damage, so always be on the lookout for the most comprehensive plan.
- Cost. When it comes to cost, whatever you pay for coverage should be proportionate to the value of the item you’re protecting.
- Fine print. Take plenty of time to go over the find print of any plan you’re considering. If something sounds like it’s too good to be true, go over it again! There are plenty of companies with excellent coverage options at affordable rates, but it’s always better to be safe.
- Customer service. While it might not be the first thing you think of, customer service is paramount when it comes to choosing an extended warranty. You won’t be able to get the repairs and replacements you need if the customer service team isn’t up to snuff. Take time to read customer testimonials and reviews before you commit to anything.
Should I get a furniture protection plan?
The bottom line is anyone who doesn’t want to be responsible for paying out of pocket for furniture replacements and repairs should definitely invest in a protection plan. Make sure you subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited to get access to the best value product protection on the market.