Built-in fitness trackers, instant access to messages and phone calls, and dozens of other benefits make smartwatches some of the most useful technology you can invest in, and their popularity continues to rise year after year. Even high-end designers have gotten in on the market, with the Michael Kors smartwatch and Citizen smartwatch two of the more popular options.
Regardless of which smartwatch you choose, it's important to protect your purchase with an extended warranty plan. Many people wear their smartwatches for nearly every activity, including trips to the grocery store, workouts at the gym, cooking, and cleaning. This creates a lot of opportunities for your smartwatch to get damaged.
When you subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited, you'll get coverage for your smartwatch and other electronic devices under the same product protection plan. With comprehensive product protection, you won't have to worry if your watch screen gets scratched, broken, or otherwise damaged, because you'll be covered.
What’s covered under the manufacturer’s warranty?
Like most product types, the coverage offered under smartwatch manufacturer warranties depends on the company that made your smartwatch and the store you bought it from. That said, most manufacturer warranties typically don’t cover anything beyond faulty workmanship or defects in manufacturing, and even that is only covered for a limited amount of time. Let’s take a look at what the manufacturer warranties typically cover for some of the most popular smartwatch brands on the market.
- Apple Watch. Whether you choose the Apple Watch SE, the Apple Watch Ultra, or the Apple Watch Series 8, Apple’s standard warranty includes one year of protection against manufacturer defects and faulty workmanship, as well as 90 days of technical support.
- Garmin. A Garmin smartwatch comes in dozens models, but regardless of which one you choose, the standard warranty coverage is the same. You'll receive one year of coverage for manufacturer defects and hardware failures, but no coverage for cosmetic damage or accidents.
- Samsung. The Samsung smartwatch warranty coverage depends on the model of watch you buy, but you can register your smartwatch on their website to see what standard warranty protection you have.
- Google. The Google Pixel Watch is Google's first foray into the smartwatch market, and is compatible with a variety of Google devices. Google offers a standard one-year warranty for the Pixel Watch, which covers manufacturing defects.
If you purchase your smartwatch from a retailer, Walmart, Target, and Best Buy all offer unique standard warranties. For a complete understanding of what standard warranty protection your smartwatch has, it’s worth doing some research.
Benefits of an extended warranty plan
As you’ve probably realized, standard warranty plans typically don’t offer very much protection. In fact, beyond a one year period of coverage for manufacturer’s defects, it’s rare for standard warranty plans to include much else. That’s why investing in an extended warranty is important to make sure your smartwatch is fully protected. Here are some of the benefits of purchasing an extended warranty plan like MulberryCare:
- Accident protection. This includes incidents like dropping, stepping on, spilling beverages on, or shattering your smartwatch. Even waterproof smartwatches can get water damage, so it's always important to have accident protection.
- Cosmetic damage protection. This means protection against dents, scratches, nicks, and other physical damage to your smartwatch.
- Free shipping for product replacement. A good extended warranty plan will offer free and fast shipping if you need to replace or repair your smartwatch.
How to choose an extended warranty
If you’ve decided to purchase an extended warranty for your smartwatch, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. The first is that not all extended warranty plans offer the same benefits and coverage. In fact, some extended warranties have a lot of fine print, and come with hidden fees.
Finding an extended warranty plan that fits your needs isn’t an easy feat, so be sure to subscribe to Mulberry Unlimited for product protection that covers all your devices. You’ll get unlimited claims and coverage, without any deductibles or hidden fees, for the ultimate peace of mind.